Write for The Beaver
Interested in journalism? Have something to say?
Either way, The Beaver want to give LSE students a platform to get their voices heard.
Submit an article to us, right now, in ten easy steps:
1. Click here to register to become a user of Beaver Online. Please register with your full name and LSE email address.
2. Your login will automatically be emailed to you, go back to the article management system and sign in.
3. Click ‘Posts’ on the left hand column and then ‘Add new’.
4. Write your article! Remember to use a catchy headline that explains what the article is and include images using the ‘add media’ button.
5. Using ‘ Categories’ on the right hand side, please select if you would like your article to be considered for ‘Print’ or ‘Online’. Do not select both. All articles submitted will feature Online, however those submitted solely for Online will be given greater prominence on the site.
6. If you would like to add a poll to your post, visit wedgies.com – create a poll, click embed, copy the text, then on your article page, click ‘Text’ (next to visual) and copy and paste the code at the end.
7. Click submit!
8. The Beaver will edit your article to ensure it adheres to our publication guidelines, contact you to confirm you are an LSE student and happy to proceed with publication, and then post it for the world to see!
9. In the mean time, it would be great if you put together your author profile. In the article management system hover over your name in the top right corner, click ‘Edit My Profile’ and fill in the details!
10. If you would like a picture of you to appear on your author page, you will also need to set-up a Gravatar profile using the same email that you registered with Beaver Online.
Photographers and Cartoonists
Fairly self explanatory… If interested, please email the Executive Editor, on firstname.lastname@example.org